Dan Cosgrove is the Chief Strategy Officer at Growers Edge. Growers Edge is a FinTech company that provides financial programs and solutions for the service of the agricultural sector. He is also a Venture Partner at Radicle Growth, an acceleration fund financed by top agtech investors. Dan has extensive experience in business development in the ag industry and is skilled in negotiation, entrepreneurship, international business licensing as well as Mergers, Acquisitions, and Venture Capital.
Dan joins me today to discuss the details involved in deciding what startup to accelerate and what company qualifies for an acquisition. He shares the story of how he got started in the industry and shares the highlights of his extensive career. He explains how he became an entrepreneur while working within another company, describes some of the challenges farmers face today, and the kind of technology startups need to focus on for the future. Dan also shares his best tips for startups looking for investment.
Stay tuned for our first segment of Five-Minute Farmer with Gavin Spoor of Spoor Farms.
“You should take feedback from everybody you talk to and learn a bit of something.” - Dan Cosgrove
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- How Dan got started in the agricultural industry.
- The opportunities and roles he had with Corteva.
- How he managed to become entrepreneurial while working within another company.
- His current role at Growers Edge and what Growers Edge is about.
- The two challenges that farmers have today that aren't being addressed properly.
- The role he played in the Granular acquisition.
- The difference between corporate venture capital than traditional venture capital.
- Quantifying the value of strategic benefits in the venture level.
- His advice to startups seeking investment.
Connect with Dan Cosgrove:
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: