AgTech has experienced quite a boom over the years. There is no question that innovation can boost tremendous improvements in the Agriculture industry. And like me, many Agriculture professionals and business owners are curious and eagerly awaiting the next big thing from AgTech.
Louisa Burwood-Taylor is currently at the heart of the AgTech industry as the Chief Editor of AgFunderNews.com. She was originally a financial journalist and was privileged to shift to AgTech just when the industry started gaining significant progress.
In today’s show, Louisa shares her experience in AgTech, along with invaluable entrepreneurial advice, insight and a glimpse of what is to come in the industry.
“Agriculture is the least digitized industry in the world, which is pretty concerning because it is one of the most essential industries in our daily lives.”
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- The Agriculture industry is currently experiencing an Intersection between food, technology, and entrepreneurship.
- Women are making great strides in the Agriculture industry and it makes sense to have more of their voice in the corporate scene, because they influence more than half of the food choices in the family).
- Consumer demand and changes are really going to impact how farmers plant, what they plant, and how they grow it.
- There's a huge potential for robotics to revolutionize farming, but it has not yet raised much funding because the technology is not quite there yet and it can be quite expensive.
- Louisa shares the “hot” areas for AgTech where there are a lot of start-ups and tech innovation hubs.
- She discusses what accelerators do and their role in AgTech.
- Entrepreneurs are demonstrating more enthusiasm with AgTech this year.
- It may take some time before AgTech finds another unicorn, because the investors have pulled back over the last few years.
- How Consumer Preferences and the Role of Women are Informing Food & Ag Innovation
- The Climate Corporation
- Memphis Meats
- Western Growers Center for Innovation & Technology
- Research Triangle Park
- Volcani Center
- Adaptive Symbiotic Technologies
Reach out with Damian Mason:
- Louisa Burwood-Taylor on Twitter
- Louisa Burwood-Taylor on LinkedIn
- AgFunder on Twitter
- AgFunder on Google+
Get First Access to the Farm & Rural Ag Network!
If you enjoyed this show, then you'll also love the Farm & Rural Ag Network! It is an exclusive community led by the founders of the fastest growing agriculture podcasts: the Shark Farmer Podcast, the Ontario Agcast, and yours truly – the Future of Agriculture Podcast.
Subscribe now to join the community and gain access to our robust content library and grow your network by connecting to other industry players.
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: